In 2010 the AAPA Board passed unanimously facts in to laws. In an effort to gain member involvement in the AAPA , several sub commitees were created for general members to nominate themselves or other members for a 2 year term . The sub committee are headed by a board member. Here is a list of the sub committees approved :
– IT Committee: responsible for all media outlets, updates, messages, forums and optimization.
– National Committee: responsible for building AAPA chapters and member involvement outside the state of Michigan .
– Contract Committee: This committee will be responsible for negotiations with vendors . The committee will report to the Board and furnish all information and findings to help the Board in making contract decisions. We are seeking a central fill contract that will save each pharmacy an average of $8 per prescription.
– Finance & Budget Committee: This committee will oversee all financial transactions conducted by the AAPA and will assist the AAPA Board with budget planning and allocation.
– Social Committee : This committee will be responsible for all social events including the annual dinner, networking and other events that needs support and other social endeavors and outlets.
– Education Committee: This committee is responsible for engaging and building relationships with pharmacy schools, students and scholars from all arenas.
– Membership Committee: This committee will oversea and set the criteria for all potential member applicants whether they be pharmacists, a pharmacy, or a student.
– Legislative Committee: This committees goal is to explain the power of one individual to impact their legislator and legislation. The members will discuss ways in which pharmacy professionals can interact with their legislator to positively affect passage of legislation as well as learn about the legislative priorities of the Michigan Pharmacists Association.